Early Morning Hour…...
Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed. (NIV)
As Jesus is our greatest example in all things, we need to
look at this scripture and give God an opportunity to make it very real to us
as believers.
Jesus had just come from a very busy day as we see in Mark
1:29-34 and the physical overnight rest was much needed. He was so refreshed the
next morning that He immediately got up, left the house and went off to a
solitary place to pray. He knew the day that was before Him would be every
bit as demanding as the previous one, and we see that in Mark 1:36-45.
Even though this new day was nothing different than the previous
days of ministry, He prepared for this new day by spending time with the Father
in prayer.
Many years ago, when I asked Christ into my heart, I began
looking for ways to grow and take advantage of this new relationship with the
Savior through the Holy Spirit that now dwelt within me. I had a sense of
refreshment every time I was in the Scriptures. My prayers began to mature as I
learned through the Word of God how He wanted me to build a great relationship
with Him. He created a hunger within my heart. I had no idea what lie ahead of
me, but I knew I wanted to grow in Spirit and in truth through the Word. I had been
attending several Men’s Conferences sponsored by Promise Keepers. I kept being
drawn to a common theme in those meetings. “Take time to meet with God Almighty
in the early morning hours” was the quote from their founder Coach Bill McCartney.
So, I began setting aside time alone with God. Five minutes turned into ten
minutes and into fifteen minutes. My day was refreshed, and my heart renewed
every morning through the reading of the Word and time alone in prayer. Yes,
some days I got up late and skipped my time with God. What a mistake that was,
and it showed up quickly. God wasn’t punishing me for missing my time alone
with Him. I chose to be unprepared for the day’s events in front of me by not
disciplining myself to get up and spend time with my Father in Heaven. I
currently continue the same routine, spending time with God by reading the
Scriptures and having a quiet time in prayer with Him. My days are always
refreshed and reinforced through those special times.
Key Point: Start today and get the edge on
your day by getting up a few minutes early and spend time alone with Him in
prayer and fellowship. You won’t regret it.
Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, Fill my
heart with Your great love this day and give me a fresh beginning by starting
my day with You in the early morning hours. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!!!
Have a GREAT Day!
In Christ,
Ted Wilkins
© 2026
Ted Wilkins
Comments
Post a Comment
Please feel free to share what God is doing in your life: