Teach Me Your Ways

Psalm 86:11 Teach me Your way, Lord, that I may rely on Your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. (NIV)

Anything that is introduced into our lives that takes us away from God’s intentions for us makes us divided. When God calls us to focus on a particular thing and we become distracted our faith begins to waiver and we become divided.

I knew a man some years ago that I would weekly meet for breakfast for some time of sharing. We would discuss the things of Christ. As time went on, he began to reveal what was really bothering him. He had been called into the ministry as a Pastor some years before and he had considered himself unworthy of God’s calling on his life. This really bothered him. To my knowledge, I was the only person he had shared this with. He was a very private person. He was so ashamed, it burdened his heart. I could not provide the relief that he needed even through sharing the Scriptures, but he continued to share over the next several weeks as we continued to meet together. I considered him by far to be a more mature person Spiritually than I was, but we were brothers in Christ. He had tried everything he knew to bring relief to this spiritual agony that appeared to torment him so. He even took on the responsibility of teaching a young adults Sunday School class but even that brought no relief. Our weekly morning visits had come to an end as my work had carried me out of town and out of this man’s life for the next several years. He would have made an incredible Pastor due to his love for teaching the Scriptures and the clarity he brought to God’s Word. He passed away several years ago without ever experiencing the faithful trust God wanted him to experience while on this earth. He had substituted the work that God had planned for him for the work that he felt qualified to do. He missed the blessings God had planned just for Him as well as others God had planned for him to touch for the cause of Christ along his journey.

I challenge you to watch and wait for God’s calling on your life. While we are in the that mode, be useful in reading and studying the Scriptures preparing for what God has planned for your life and into the lives of others.

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven. Make me more attentive in the tasks You have planned for me. Help me to become more aware each and every day looking for the next assignment You plan for me. In Jesus’ name I pray! AMEN!!!

Have a BLESSED Day!!!

In Christ,

Pastor Ted Wilkins

© 2026 Ted Wilkins 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Is My Happiness Found?

Word of God…...

If Anyone Serves Me…...