Are We Willing?

Jeremiah 18:3 This is the Word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. (NIV)

When looking at where we are in Christ and where we currently stand in His shaping us, we need to be aware that God continues at work in our lives. So, I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. God is the Potter; we are the clay. We are the ones that move away from His fellowship. The further we get away from God the more He alters our paths for us to see Him and His direction for us. Conviction occurs, and we sense Him making directional changes in our lives. We do not want to hang out there very long.

D.L. Moody has said “keep short accounts with God.” Do not let sin direct your life and allow Satan to govern your direction. I have found the following quite useful over the years:

Two natures beat within my breast.

One is foul; One is blessed.

One I love; One I hate.

The one I feed will dominate. -Anonymous

What do we want to dominate us? What do we feed in our lives? Our decisions can shape us. We have a greater sense of direction and purpose in our lives when we follow Christ. We need help from the Holy Spirit directing us as we live in this world.

Key Point: Upon a person’s repentance God can rework him or her into a vessel of honor. Let’s be intentional in our relationship in Christ.

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, Help me to keep “short accounts” with You. Guide me as You build me into a vessel of honor. In Jesus’ name I pray, AMEN!!!

Have a Blessed and Wonderful Day!!!

In Christ,

Ted Wilkins

© 2026 Ted Wilkins 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Is My Happiness Found?

Word of God…...

If Anyone Serves Me…...