His Mighty Power

Colossians 1:11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy. (NLT)

The Lord wants us to grow in our appreciation of His mighty power. He also wants us to experience the joy life has to offer through knowing Christ as our Savior and Lord. Often this takes endurance and patience, both of which we need in life.

Endurance for the long haul and patience to conquer the necessary steps along the way. Endurance would be like reading the Bible through in a year, where patience would be the life lessons along the journey. Life lessons by far would take more time and effort as we encounter the development of patience while dealing with verses along the way.

Personally, I have found the Word of God (Bible) to be excellent in developing patience because I am depending upon the One who created me and knows my character as only the Creator can. God knows what I need, and when I need it, far sooner than I ever could. He knows what lies ahead of me and how to prepare me for the endurance.

Over time I have come to experience my discoveries from God’s Word to be fulfilling in many ways because I asked for patience along the way. In the learning process I developed patience in ways that build further into my life. He knows what I need and when I need it and develops in me the curiosity to drive further and dig deeper to discover what He wants me to learn along the way.

Key Point: Ask the Lord to help you gain a greater appreciation for His power through a more consistent prayer life. 

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, guide me to Your greater involvement as I read and study Your Word for my life. Develop in me a desire to follow You more closely, as You build in me through Your Word, the endurance need for this life’s journey. In Jesus’ name I pray, AMEN!!!

Have a BLESSED Day!!!

in Christ,

Pastor Ted Wilkins

© 2026 Ted Wilkins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Is My Happiness Found?

Word of God…...

If Anyone Serves Me…...